Thursday, July 8, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my first blog about me! I've had scrapbook sketch blogs for years but never one that I allowed you to see who I am or what I'm up to.....

I'd like to thank Katie for the name of my blog! I've been trying to think of something that fits me for a couple weeks now and just wasn't having any luck....So I asked Katie to help!

The "boy" in the name comes from the five boys I have. Alright, alright, one isn't technically a boy but he sure does act like it sometimes! lol

You can look forward to seeing stuff from all my adventures in scrapbooking, cooking/baking, sewing, crafting and maybe even a little home decor here and there....Along with more photos of my boys than anyone should be subjected to!

For now, I'll share the announcements I made for Levi's graduation in June....

I made all the announcements myself while I was on medical leave. I'd do a few steps of each card and take a break, do a few steps and take a break. You can thank Jimbo for all the stamping....I couldn't stamp without being in pain so that poor guy learned to stamp in a hurry!

This photo isn't a great photo because it was taken with my camera phone right before I mailed them....I realized I didn't have a single one leftover and he would never be able to remember them if I didn't take a pic right then! lol

I printed that background paper myself. I just typed the words in Microsoft Word and colored the background in. I printed it using our color laser printer. The strips of paper are from some line of 4th of July scrapbook paper but I can't remember what company it's from (maybe BoBunny?)....I used 4th of July paper because he went to NorthStar and the colors fit his school colors perfectly. ;)

Yep, that is sewing on those cards and yep, I sewed on each and every one of them! The picture is from Levi's prom night.....He liked that photo because he looked "fly".

The G is a stamp I borrowed from my friend. Jim stamped two for each card - one burgundy and one blue. Then, we punched them out and glued them together so they would be two-toned. The square is pop-dotted so they stand up a little. I printed the inside of the cards on the color laser printer....

Now I suppose I should scrap, bake or sew something so I can share it with you.....

5 comments:

  1. Great LO! love the look of your new blog, best wishes!
    alecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool project and pretty blog! happy blogging!!!

    jessica bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're blogging, Cherie! Love the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad you have a blog to check out!

    ReplyDelete