Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My blankie

A couple weeks ago, Mom came to visit and we spent the weekend quilting. She is making a beautiful quilt for my bed (it's my Christmas gift) so she worked on that while I cussed my way through this minky "quilt".

After sewing the pieces for the front together, I decided I needed to add a ruffle to the edge. Mom had to leave about that time so I was on my own. I made the ruffle myself.....On my own. lol I'm not experienced enough to be doing that. Really. Not. Experienced.

Here's my first minky quilt:

I took this picture with my cell phone right after I finished it.....Notice it's already being put to good use? Yeah, there are two kiddos under it! My oldest and my youngest. That picture made all the cussing worthwhile....put a tear in my eye.

The sewing may be FAR from perfect but my minky blanket is L-O-V-E-D!

Now, everyone wants one.....I've already started another one! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, you know I love it. Now how many more are you going to make and where is mine?

    ReplyDelete