Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SLS June 7th Reveal & My 1st Ever Quilt

It's another awesome month at Sassy Lil' Sketches! We just have the best sponsors! They're so generous it just amazes me - especially since we don't have any guidelines for a suggested prize.

Anyway, the June 7th reveal was yesterday on both the Layout & Card Sketch blogs and as always, I've come through with a couple fabulous sketches! ;) Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? lol If you know me, I'm sure you can!



If you think I create fabulous sketches, wait until you see what the design team has done with them! WOW! You'll see, THEY are the fabulous ones!

Use the sketches to create a layout or card and link it up to the blogs to win one of the terrific prizes from our sponsors!! You can enter as many times as you'd like so get to scrapping/card making! You have all month!
___________________________________________________________

I have to admit that I've been slacking a little (okay, maybe A LOT) on scrapbooking and card making! It's a tad bit embarrassing to admit that I create all these sketches and I can't remember the last time I scrapped! EEK! But, I have a good reason....Really, I do!

I started quilting and sewing! YAY me!

Somehow, some way, sewing on my scrap pages/cards made me start sewing on fabric. If you know me a couple years ago, you would be totally shocked! In fact, the only reason I even had a sewing machine was because Jimbo built a play house out of PVC when I was a daycare provider and we needed to create the fabric cover for the play house.....And Jimbo sewed it! (True story!)

That machine broke last year after sewing on one too many scrapbook pages and Jimbo insisted on buying me a decent machine. My mom happened to be with us when we were shopping & she ended up with a machine too. I've since upgraded the "decent" machine I bought last year and so has my mom!

A few weeks ago, my mom and I took a class to become certified Sulky instructors. I don't know if I'll ever teach sewing "professionally" but I'm certain I'll be mentoring a few of my scrapping friends! I learned to free motion quilt at that class and I used that knowledge on this quilt....

So, here's my first ever quilt! I must admit I'm in love! I made it to sit exactly where it is.....On the new leather sectional. I have enough fabric to make some pillows to match. I think I'm going to try to find some more fabric to make another quilt to match....Not the same quilt but another quilt using that same fabric. That leather is chilly to sit on and we have a big ole' family so one quilt is NOT enough!

Thanks for looking! I hope you drop by Sassy Lil' Sketches to find your scrapping mojo!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this quilt. you did such a wonderful job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete