Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yum yum! Honey Chicken

When I went to Texas for business a month ago or so, I made a new honey chicken recipe for my kids and they LOVED it! They kept asking me to make it again but do you think I could remember where I found it? Or even what the recipe was? Nope! I finally found it again today.....


I know you're wondering how the heck I made this for my kids when I was working states away.....you weren't aware that I'm wonder woman? lol Yeah, I'm not. Surprise, surprise!

Actually, I always try to plan meals for the boys before I leave on my trip. I try to make sure it's stuff that they can prepare themselves because Jimbo isn't home when they need to eat dinner. I don't like to have them eat fast food every night while I'm gone because (a) it's expensive and (b) it's not good for them....But mostly (a). bwahahahahaha

Before I left, I mixed the sauce and put it in a Ziploc bag with instructions written on it in the refrigerator. Yes, I also left them a detailed list of instructions (including what day to eat it & which meal, where the chicken is in the freezer, etc.)....I went so far as to put the foods they'd need while I was gone into a special bin.....because after all, they're men and we all know men can't do anything on their own. Am I right?

This particular recipe was one that allowed Jimbo to toss the frozen chicken tenderloins in the crockpot before he left for work, dump the sauce on it and turn the crockpot on....Pretty much the ONLY kind of cooking Jimbo can handle. Seriously. The kids have fired him from cooking soooo many times....It's hilarious! (Jimbo doesn't think it's funny....)

Anywho, they've been wanting this chicken again and I couldn't find the recipe....But I just happened to stumble across it on Pinterest again and we'll be having it this week. This time, I'll actually get to try it! YAY!

Check out the recipe from Mmm Cafe....I dare you to make it for your kids while you're on a business trip!! :) They'll love you for it!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete